The 9.5 release is a comprehensive release that includes enhancements in the following areas:
- Application managed snapshots for VMware ESX Server and Microsoft Hyper-V Server
- SAN Status Home Page — the SAN Status home page is the new home page for the CMC and presents key information for all management groups in the storage environment in a single view.
- Zero to VSA automated installation and deployment — Single installer can install VSA, FOM and CMC. Go from “zero” to a fully functional virtual SAN in just a few easy steps. Scriptable install tool allows ROBO customers to script install once and deploy VSA quickly at multiple remote locations.
- Peer Motion data mobility with cluster swap — Cluster swap allows users to replace or upgrade P4000 clusters. Edit cluster menu guides decisions about adding, removing, or exchanging storage systems. Easily migrate data online between tiers.
- Remote Copy performance improvements — Improvements to remote copy times, the time required to scan volumes, ability to support more frequent snapshots, reduction of RPOs for DR solutions.
- Storage Replication Adapter for Vsphere Site Recovery Manager 5.x — Supports automated failback and is included on the HP P4000 Application Integration Solution Pack
- Best Practice configuration wizards — Configuration wizards guide towards highest availability configurations: add Failover Manager for 2–node configuration, configure disk RAID 6 for single-node configurations, recommends volume replication when expanding clusters to more than one storage system